The history of ensuring the unity of measurements in the Precarpathians dates back to ancient times. Slavic measures of length, weight, and volume have long been used in the Galician Principality. The Constitution of Poland of 1565, and later of 1764 in Galicia, they were enshrined as national measures. In September 1788, by an Austrian special decree, local measures remained valid, and a special state service was created to supervise them - the Inspectorate of Weights and Measures under the Galician Governorate. In 1871, in Galicia, as in all of Europe, metric measures were introduced, and in 1875 a law was passed on the establishment of state metrological supervision on the ground. In the XX century Galicia had a developed metrological service with the appropriate technical base.
STATE ENTERPRISE “IVANO-FRANKIVSK SCIENTIFIC AND PRODUCTION CENTER OF STANDARDIZATION, METROLOGY AND CERTIFICATION” has been keeping its chronicle since February 2, 1940 and measuring instruments under the Council of Ministers of the USSR.
Chronology of enterprise development:
• 1979 - The laboratory of state supervision over standards and measuring equipment is created
• 1983 - The Center for Standardization and Metrology was established on the basis of the laboratory
• 1996 - The name was changed to “Ivano-Frankivsk State Center for Metrology Standardization and Certification” (IFSCMSC)
• 2003 - By the order of State Committee of Ukraine for Technical Regulation and Consumer Policy of September 12, 2003 IFSCMSC was transformed into the State Enterprise “Ivano-Frankivsk Regional Research and Production Center for Standardization, Metrology, Certification” (SE :Ivano-Frankivskstandartmetrologiya”), subordinated to State Committee of Ukraine for Technical Regulation and Consumer Policy.
• 2007 - State Enterprise “Ivano-Frankivsk Research and Production Center for Standardization, Metrology and Certification”
• 2012 - State Enterprise “Ivano-Frankivsk Research and Production Center for Standardization, Metrology and Certification" (part of the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine)
• 2019 - STATE ENTERPRISE “IVANO-FRANKIVSKY SCIENTIFIC AND PRODUCTION CENTER OF STANDARDIZATION, METROLOGY AND CERTIFICATION” (Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine)
At the present day, SE “IVANO-FRANKIVSKSTANDARTMETROLOGY” is an organization with a developed infrastructure, production area of over 2000 square meters, with a total number of employees of about 100 people. The Center successfully operates 16 structural units, including 2 laboratories of Ivano-Frankivsk region in Kolomyia and Kalush.